Faculty Instructor Research - Full-Time
- University of Pittsburgh
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Category: Faculty-Medicine-Medical Researcher
- Posting Date: 01/25/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Faculty Instructor Research - Full-Time
Med-Psychiatry - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (21008549)
Research Instructor in Psychiatry
The University of Pittsburgh, Department of Psychiatry
Pittsburgh, United States
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC is seeking a full-time Ph.D. scientist who will contribute to research in the area of child mental health.
The incumbent’s responsibilities will include:
- Conducting and supporting research that focuses on the neurobiological substrates of complex human cognitive functions, and on how alterations in these substrates give rise to cognitive dysfunction in pediatric populations.
- Contributing to lab management, including project logistics.
- Performing all research activities in accordance with all university, federal, and other applicable guidelines governing the appropriate conduct of research.
The search committee will primarily be looking for demonstrated experience in:
- Contributing to collaborative neuroscience or related research.
- Participating in planning and conducting research projects and writing research papers.
- Providing educational training instruction in lab procedures.
Successful candidates will join a vibrant and highly interactive research community with a long history of excellence in basic and translational neuroscience research.
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Psychology or related field
- Demonstrated interest in psychiatry research (e.g., as shown through peer-review publications).
- Success in authoring original research and review articles in refereed journals. The quality of the journals themselves and the position of authorship will be considered.
- Demonstrated research skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a rapidly changing/growing educational institution
Our Department seeks to be an inclusive and safe space for all who work here. We value diversity and are committed to rectifying longstanding inequities within research and academia. Thus, women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the employer
At the University of Pittsburgh Department of Psychiatry, we excel in our mission to:
- provide superb behavioral health services to our patients and their families;
- pursue the development of better diagnostic techniques and therapeutic interventions through innovative research;
- provide a stimulating learning environment for medical and graduate students, residents, psychology interns, and postdoctoral fellows.
Our success in each of these areas is dependent upon an interactive community of clinicians, scientists, and educators who bring diversity in background, experience, expertise, and perspective to our mission.
An essential partner in this work is UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital, a national leader in the innovative treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Moreover, Pitt Psychiatry’s preeminent academic faculty of more than 200 members trained in multiple basic and clinical science disciplines is at the heart of our success in providing superior behavioral health care and in training the next generation of innovative researchers and clinicians.
Areas of Research
How to Apply
Please apply by going to this site , searching job code 21008549 in the keyword search, and submitting your materials through our Pitt system.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets The University of Pittsburgh requires all Pitt constituents (employees and students) on all campuses to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Visit coronavirus.pitt.edu to learn more about this requirement.
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Required Attachments: Curriculum Vitae