Nursing Assistant Adjunct Instructor
- Lake Superior College
- Location: Duluth, Minnesota
- Category: Faculty-Medicine-Nursing
- Posting Date: 01/24/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Classification Title Nursing Assistant Adjunct Instructor
Working Title Nursing Assistant Adjunct Instructor
Position Type Faculty
Department Lake Superior College
Unit Academic Affairs (including faculty)
Location 2101 Trinity Rd Duluth, MN 55811
Full/Part Time Part Time
Employment Condition Adjunct
Bargaining Unit/Plan 210, MSCF
Reporting to the Dean of Allied Health & Nursing, the instructor is responsible to apply their expertise to develop and deliver courses/programs so that the students learn and reach their academic goals. The Instructor Actively participates in department meetings and activities, in student recruitment for their courses/program, and in support of the general development of students and the College.
Responsibilities: Nursing Assistant lecture, lab and clinical instruction during day/evening, weekday/weekend. Curriculum and teaching materials development. Assessment activities at the instructor, course, department, and institutional level. Maintain Nursing Assistant Program accreditation. Participation in program, division and college initiatives through committee work and inter-department collaboration.
- Diploma or associate’s degree in nursing.
- Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience of direct patient care, one year must be in long term care.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years
- Experience with, and commitment to, working with diverse populations
- Experience teaching Nursing Assistant at the two-year college level
To learn more about us, visit our website at
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State College Faculty which can be found at:
For additional information regarding the Credentialing requirements, please refer to the College Faculty Credentialing website:
Posting Number F071P
Number of Vacancies
Posting Number F071P
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date 01/10/2022
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Date 11/23/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Accept Applications Yes
Special Instructions Summary
You must apply online through government jobs. The link is at http://www.lsc.edu/employment/. In addition to completing the online application, please attach to following to your application:
- Cover Letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications
- Copy of any certifications or licenses
- Unofficial Transcripts
Mailed applications will not be considered. Questions about the position may be directed to Human Resources (218-733-1068).
Posting Contact LeAnn Ulvi, HR Specialist, 218-733-1068
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
It is the policy of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities to provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities when such accommodations are directly related to competing for a job on an equal basis.
Applicants having special needs which require accommodation should contact Human Resources 218-733-1068 (Voice). For TTY communications, contact the Minnesota Relay Service at 1.800.627.3529.