Faculty Professor Assistant - Full-Time
- University of Pittsburgh
- Category: Faculty-Engineering-Other Engineering
- Posting Date: 01/13/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Faculty Professor Assistant - Full-Time
Med-Psychiatry - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (21009243)
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry (Adult Mental Health)
The University of Pittsburgh, Department of Psychiatry
Pittsburgh, United States
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC ) are seeking MD, Ph.D., or MD/Ph.D. researchers for full-time faculty positions investigating adult psychiatric illness. Positions are available at the assistant professor level.
Growth is sought in both preclinical and clinical approaches to investigating the psychiatric illness, consequently, multiple positions are available. Primary selection criteria are the history of productivity and ability to enhance an interactive and dynamic psychiatric disorders research community within and across departments in the greater Pittsburgh academic environment. Primarily, the search committee will look for:
- Success in authoring papers published in refereed journals. These may include original research and review articles. The quality of the journals themselves and the position of authorship will also be considered.
- Success in securing federal funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). However, success in obtaining funding from other sources (such as state and foundation funding) will also be considered.
- Presentations of research and/or scholarly material and published abstracts associated with professional or scientific meetings.
Successful candidates will join a vibrant and highly interactive research community with a long history of excellence in basic, translational and clinical research. The Department of Psychiatry is prepared to invest substantial resources to ensure success.
- MD in Psychiatry or Neurology/Ph.D. in Psychology, Neuroscience or related field
- Success in authoring original research and review articles in refereed journals. The quality of the journals themselves and the position of authorship will be considered.
- Success in securing federal funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) or other sources (such as state and foundation funding).
- Demonstrated research skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a rapidly changing/growing educational institution
About the employer
At the University of Pittsburgh Department of Psychiatry, we excel in our mission to:
- provide superb behavioral health services to our patients and their families;
- pursue the development of better diagnostic techniques and therapeutic interventions through innovative research;
- provide a stimulating learning environment for medical and graduate students, residents, psychology interns, and postdoctoral fellows.
Our success in each of these areas is dependent upon an interactive community of clinicians, scientists, and educators who bring diversity in background, experience, expertise, and perspective to our mission.
Our Department seeks to be an inclusive and safe space for all who work here. We value diversity and are committed to rectifying longstanding inequities within research and academia. Thus, women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to becoming an anti-racist institution and a national leader in efforts to understand and address race and social determinants of equity and well-being. To this end, the university has a cluster hire and retention initiative to transform its expertise in, and research on, Race and Social Determinants of Equity, Health, and Well-Being.
An essential partner in this work is UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital, a national leader in the innovative treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Moreover, Pitt Psychiatry’s preeminent academic faculty of more than 200 members trained in multiple basic and clinical science disciplines are at the heart of our success in providing superior behavioral health care and in training the next generation of innovative researchers and clinicians.
Areas of Research
How to Apply
Please apply by going to this site , searching job code 21009243 in the keyword search, and submitting your materials through our Pitt system.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets The University of Pittsburgh requires all Pitt constituents (employees and students) on all campuses to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Visit coronavirus.pitt.edu to learn more about this requirement.
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Required Attachments: Curriculum Vitae