F/T Faculty: Early Childhood Education-Early Childhood Education Department
- Bunker Hill Community College
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Category: Communication
- Posting Date: 01/06/2022
- Application Deadline: 03/06/2022
Job title: F/T Faculty: Early Childhood Education-Early Childhood Education Department (Fall, 2022) - Bunker Hill Community College
Full-time Early Childhood Education faculty member in the Department of Education/Early Childhood Education
- Responsible for the teaching and curriculum development in all departmental areas of Early Childhood Development and Education with primary duties teaching Early Childhood Development courses.
- Participate in ongoing curriculum review, assessment, development and modification.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives and student learning outcomes and competencies.
- Use new technologies in the classroom to supplement instruction
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Remain an active member of the Early Care community, including collaboration with Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care, other Massachusetts Community Colleges, and community organizations.
- Teach in different modalities such as online, hybrid and remote.
- Work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population.
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College's locations.
- Master's degree in Education with substantive early childhood education coursework, early childhood education, childhood development.
- Knowledge of the field of education and early childhood development.
- At least five years of experience in care and educational settings with children 0-6 years of age.
- Experience with and understanding of anti-bias and culturally responsive education.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population.
- Willingness to be trained in online course development and delivery.
- College-level teaching experience required; community college teaching preferred.
- Experience teaching online courses preferred.
- Experience with child centered and emergent curriculum is preferred.
Salary Range: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 *Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By February 7, 2022Apply Here