Job Posting Title
Humanities Adjunct Assistant Professor Pool
Los Rios Community College District (District Office)
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time faculty teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitment efforts.
Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
Teaching assignments may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
- Have a master’s degree in Humanities; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.* All degrees must be from an accredited institution.
- Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
- Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees/minimum qualifications listed above.
- If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement. Please visit our website for information on, and a sample letter for, the equivalency process.
Applicants applying to this posting are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
- Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not have that referenced experience
- considered for minimum qualifications, which may lead to the application being disqualified. Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.·
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College District employees, are required to provide unofficial transcripts, if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within 60 days of the time of hire.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign transcript evaluations click here.
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Salary placement determined by Los Rios Salary procedures. LRCCD Salary Schedules (live link - LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information
Initial annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience.
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Part-time, Assistant Professor Position. Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions
for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Effective October 1, 2021, all faculty and staff must have received the first dose of the vaccine against the virus that causes COVID-19 and effective December 1, 2021, all faculty and staff must be fully vaccinated in order to:
- be physically present on District premises for an extended amount of time, generally more than 15 minutes; or
- participate in District activities for an extended amount of time, generally more than 15 minutes; or
- be inside a building or office
unless they receive an approved medical exemption or religious accommodation.
All new hires must be fully vaccinated or receive an approved medical or religious exemption within forty-five (45) days of hire. Within seven (7) days, all new hires must show proof they have received the first dose of a two-dose vaccine, or one dose of a one-dose vaccine, or have applied for a medical or religious exemption.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for a face-to-face interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement