Faculty Part Time - Nursing 072016
- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Category: Faculty-Medicine-Nursing
- Posting Date: 11/24/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleFaculty Part Time - Nursing 072016
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary Commensurate with Degree
Job Description Summary
Faculty Part-Time. Accepting applications to establish a pool of applicants for possible future openings. Salary commensurate with degree.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (B.S.N.).
- Two years full-time clinical experience as a Registered Nurse. (Please list areas of experience – Mental Health/Psychiatric; Medical/Surgical; Telemetry, Maternal Child/Pediatrics, etc.).
- Current R.N. licensure or eligibility for R.N. licensure in Maryland.
CRITERIA:The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Extent and relevance of education beyond required B.S.N. Degree.
- Extent of pertinent work experience in Nursing.
- Extent of participation in professional associations.
- Relevance of teaching experience.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic student population and campus environment.
- Evidence of familiarity with philosophy and goals of Associate Degree Nursing Programs.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching positions. Lack of transcripts may cause your application to be rejected from further considerration. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume/cv listing qualifications and experience. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview may be asked to do a teaching demonstration.