- Victoria College
- Location: Victoria, Texas
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 11/24/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job Title: *Testing Proctor
Opening Date/Time: Thu. 11/11/21 12:00 AM Central Time
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $12.00 - $15.00 Hourly
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Main Campus, 2200 E. Red River, Victoria, Texas
Division: Student Services
Victoria College's Division of Student Services is hiring for a part-time Testing Proctor to work in the Testing Center. This position is responsible for assisting with the administration of online testing, college placement testing, and specialized high-stakes testing. Also responsible for general office duties including filing, answering phones, and scheduling testing appointments. Work schedule is an "on-call" basis and variable; some evening and Saturday hours may be required. Will also serve as a test proctor in the ACT Center administering high-stakes specialized testing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with the protection of secure, highly confidential and valuable documents by maintaining appointment sheets, sign in sheets, test inventory, and instructor passwords;
- Verifies students identification and seats them appropriately;
- Checks security breaches and takes proper action to report incident to supervisor;
- Clarifies testing procedures to candidates;
- Maintains testing times for various exams;
- Ability to complete needed forms and disseminate information to various college departments and/or testing companies;
- Collects all testing materials at end of testing session;
- Strong initiative to work independently;
- Must be able to work in a quiet environment, learn detailed procedures, and handle a reasonable amount of stress;
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office, Windows applications, Canvas, Internet, and e-mail;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Assessment and the Director of Counseling Services.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
- Must have effective interpersonal, oral, and written skills, and be able to work some Saturdays and evenings.
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, and Excel highly desirable.
- Must be willing to become certified for various high stakes tests (training is provided) and re-certification exams.