Student Support Specialist (Extended)
- Los Rios Community College District
- Location: Sacramento, California
- Category: Admin-Student Affairs and Services
- Posting Date: 11/23/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job Posting TitleStudent Support Specialist (Extended)
LocationLos Rios Community College District (American River College)
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years), and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. You are eligible for the aforementioned benefits as a regular employee with a permanent assignment of 0.50 FTE or greater. To calculate this position’s FTE, take the number of hours per week divided by 40, to get the percentage of hours worked. Then take the number of months worked divided by 12, to get the percentage of work year. Then take the percentage of hours worked divided by the percentage of months worked to get the position’s FTE (e.g., a position that is 30 hours per week with a work year of 12 months: 30/40 = 0.75; 12/12 = 1; 0.75/1 = 0.75 FTE). For the full LRCEA contract agreement, details click here.
- Actively demonstrating a commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Engaging in self-reflection and continuous improvement regarding individuals and their cultural competence. Exercising responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Viewing students, ALL students, as equally capable and worthy of our care, time and energy.
- Demonstrating appreciation and respect for others’ perspectives and lived experiences.
Work Year12 month
EDUCATION: Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, in an area related to the assignment. NOTE: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for up to two years of the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
- A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
- Resume (required).
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
- Letter of Interest (required).
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not have that referenced experience considered for minimum qualifications, which may lead to the application being disqualified.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.·
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College District employees, are required to provide unofficial transcripts, if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within 60 days of the time of hire.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign transcript evaluations click here.
Salary$4,968.96 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note
Beginning On (or About)01/31/2022
How and where to apply
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Effective October 1, 2021, all faculty and staff must have received the first dose of the vaccine against the virus that causes COVID-19 and effective December 1, 2021, all faculty and staff must be fully vaccinated in order to:
- be physically present on District premises for an extended amount of time, generally more than 15 minutes
- or participate in District activities for an extended amount of time, generally more than 15 minutes
- or be inside a building or office
All new hires must be fully vaccinated or receive an approved medical or religious exemption within forty-five (45) days of hire. Within seven (7) days, all new hires must show proof they have received the first dose of a two-dose vaccine, or one dose of a one-dose vaccine, or have applied for a medical or religious exemption.
For the latest information on the COVID Vaccine mandate, please visit the COVID Vaccine Requirements informational page.