- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Category: Admin-Mechanical Service
- Posting Date: 11/19/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleSupervisor, Mechanical/Electrical
DepartmentFacilities Operations (Trades)
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary Range$56,316 - $61,948/Annually
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
- Associates degree or equivalent formal training in related field.
- Combination of education and related experience for a total of six (6) years of mechanical and electrical experience. Eight (8) years, preferred.
- Master HVAC license in Prince George’s County or State of Maryland.
- Three (3) years supervisory experience preferred.
- Supervises and evaluates assigned staff.
- Assigns day to day duties and monitors work of tradespeople.
- With Director – Trades, develops annual training program for tradespeople working under the supervisor’s leadership.
- Participates in Division’s annual retreat.
- Establishes goals and objects for direct reports and performs year end evaluations.
- Diagnoses problems with systems and equipment and makes necessary adjustments as required.
- Trains subordinate employees on operations of the Siemens BAS
- Reviews plans and specifications for all new capital construction projects. Makes recommendations as necessary.
- Schedules, oversees and conducts preventive maintenance tasks.
- Coordinates periodic inspections by state, county and outside third party commercial inspection agencies to include boilers, elevators, fire alarms.
- Implements energy conservation measures recommended by technical audits and as dictated by operating practices.
- Prepares scope of work and technical specifications and other documents required to support procurement actions for repairs, request for proposals (RFP) and invitation for bids (IFB), for installed electrical, heating, cooling and control systems.
- Participate as a member of the College Safety Committee.
- Performs related work as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to a personal computer and copier. Significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS -Ability to lift at least 50 lbs., extended standing and walking.
Open Until FilledNo
Background Check Statement
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application Status; you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is immediately sent to your references listed on your application. Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background investigation.