Instructor of Management
- Walters State Community College
- Location: Morristown, Tennessee
- Category: Faculty-Business-Management
- Posting Date: 10/27/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job Title: Instructor of Management
Reporting Senior: Dean of Business Division
Job Grade: 907
Location: Morristown Campus
Job Purpose: To provide instruction in management and business courses.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Teach management and business courses – 30 semester hours per academic year.
2. Prepare course syllabi and course materials, evaluate student learning, and maintain class records as defined.
3. Participate in curriculum development, budget planning, student recruitment, student advisement, placement, departmental meetings and college committees as directed.
4. Perform job functions in accordance with the institution’s policies and procedures.
5. Manage curricula in accordance with all standards defined by applicable accredited bodies. This includes regular assessment of program competencies and changes to curricula based on assessments.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
**Note the College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time**
Leadership & Supervisory:
- No authority or responsibility for the supervision of others.
- Recommend or help with project and program direction.
- Master Degree in business, management or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Understanding and acceptance of the comprehensive community college philosophy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
- Teaching experience.
- Knowledge of course delivery through information technology methods.
Behavioral Core Competencies:
- Empowers and motivates students to learn effectively.
- Ability to work with all student demographics (traditional students, adult learners) in delivering required course materials without compromising the quality of the curriculum is required.
- Works effectively with other faculty and administrators within the department, the division, and the college to provide well-developed courses and programs of study.
- Is a team player and contributes to the department and the division with new ideas and approaches, and uses professional development opportunities to expand instructional vision.
- Inspires improvement to advance the College’s mission while preserving institutional principles and character; recognizes and rewards people whose actions support organizational change efforts.
- Considers the impact and efficiency of decisions prior to deciding on a specific course of action in deference to WSCC’s benefactors and supporters.
Environment & Working Conditions: Office environment is temperature controlled with occasional fluctuations. May be exposed to varying conditions when traveling to various work locations on other campuses.
Physical Demands: (including requirements for travel or working nights/weekends/holidays)
- Ability to operate and manage computer equipment and multimedia equipment as well as standard office machines such as fax and copier in the department.
- Travel to other campuses as needed to deliver course content.
- Support evening and distance education offerings as needed to reach students.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this job.
Posting Closes: Saturday, November 20, 2021