Hospice Alliance CEO – Part-time
- Care Partners Hospice and Palliative Care
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Category: Executive-President and Chancellor Nonprofit-Executive
- Posting Date: 10/21/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The Oregon Non-Profit Hospice Alliance (ONHA), with three affiliated community based non-profit hospices is seeking a part-time Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The affiliates serve communities between the Washington and California borders. Founded in 2018, ONHA is the parent organization for its affiliates, working to advance high quality, innovative end-of-life care services and to inspire community engagement in end-of-life care. Modeled after other successful non-profit hospice alliances in the U.S., ONHA works with its affiliates to invest more of every dollar in clinical care. The CEO will leverage ONHA talents and the talents of the affiliate staff members to provide opportunities to advance the non-profit hospice difference in Oregon.
For more information about ONHA please visit our website: https://www.onhanetwork.org
- Provide leadership in collaborating with affiliate leaders to create and foster sustainable, innovative, and cost-effective end-of-life care services
- Provide budgetary and other administrative technical support to affiliate leaders and the board of directors to achieve strategic goals and objectives
- Facilitate or lead efforts designed to enhance and/or create organizational programs and services to maximize cost effectiveness for all affiliates
- Participate in strategic planning in partnership with member hospices including in areas of business planning, joint purchasing, marketing and communications, and operational policies
- Serve as Board liaison to standing committees, where possible building a collaborative and unified vision while managing committee activities according to the by-laws and Board policies
- Participate and/or take a leadership role in special projects, committees and other hospice related activities as directed by Board
- Participate in affiliate Board meetings and represent ONHA within the health care community
- Facilitate weekly ONHA leadership meetings
- Serve as official records custodian for the organization and maintain minutes of organizational meetings
- Contribute to building and maintaining teamwork and cooperation across affiliates negotiating priorities and win-win solutions that support strategic objectives and mutual interests
- Recruit and onboard new affiliates
- Work primarily from home utilizing telecommunications technology in meetings with ONHA leaders. Establish a reliable schedule with opportunities for flexibility.
- Requires a minimum of three years of management experience in health care or in an association related to health care. Experience in hospice management is highly preferred
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a related field in health care and/or business with a Master's degree preferred
- Must have knowledge of public policy, regulatory and legislative areas focused on health care, preferably to include hospice
- Demonstrated experience planning, coordinating, and providing leadership on large-scale projects that include multi-disciplinary teams working to achieve shared results
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, collaboration, verbal and written communications and inspiring others to build and maintain consensus and cooperation
- Must have solid skills in using electronic tools such as email, internet, Microsoft Office suite, and Quickbooks
- Requires flexibility, independence, and demonstrated superior skills working with competing priorities, change management and meeting multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Position is 20 hours a week and includes full benefits
- Please include a cover letter expressing your interest in this role along with a comprehensive resume
ONHA is enabling community-based nonprofit hospices in Oregon to achieve together what they could not do on their own. Through ONHA our affiliates are serving the unique needs of their individual communities, providing more care and positioning themselves for success in a rapidly changing health care environment.
ONHA offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and 403B retirement plan. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of any classification of protected class.