Postdoctoral Associate - Behavioral Health
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Category: Admin-Health and Medical Services
- Posting Date: 10/20/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Title: Postdoctoral Associate - Behavioral Health
Division: Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Hiring upto 53,760
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 8907
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences is seeking a Psychology Postdoctoral Associate who will develop treatment plans for patients enrolled in Baylor Medicine Stratos Integrated Health Clinic, as well as patients in the Post-COVID Care Clinic who are experiencing chronic long-term side effects from COVID-19. The selected candidate will be overseen and supervised by licensed clinical psychologist, Dr. Brittany O'Brien.
The Psychology Postdoctoral Associate will have the opportunity to attend monthly Didactics organized by the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, and weekly Journal Club organized by the Comprehensive Healthcare Clinic at Baylor College of Medicine. This position will also have the opportunity to participate in research activities within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. The selected candidate will be expected to produce as least one scholarly product, such as a poster, manuscript or quality improvement project by the end of the year.
- Conducts initial psychiatric evaluations for patients referred for services, and make referrals to the skills and support psychotherapy group or other services when appropriate (psychiatry, community support groups, neurology).
- Leads weekly, virtual (and in person, pending) evidence-based skills groups to teach anxiety, depression, and pain management coping skills.
- Collaborates care with patient treatment team to monitor progress and concerns.
- Assists in formalizing intervention for publication and dissemination.
- Evaluates outcomes of the intervention for quality improvement and publication purposes.
- Conducts initial annual behavioral health evaluations.
- Provides brief, patient-centered behavioral health interventions to facilitate change.
- Collaborates care and consult with Stratos physicians to make specialty referrals.
- Develops integrated, behavioral health treatment plans with multidisciplinary team.
- Attends interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Develops psychoeducation materials for patients.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- PhD or PsyD in Psychology.
- Applicants must submit a cover letter, and a CV.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.