- Technical College of the Lowcountry
- Location: Beaufort, South Carolina
- Category: Faculty-Business-Accounting
- Posting Date: 09/23/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Normal Work Schedule:
Normal Work Schedule (Other):
To Be Determined
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures:
Interested applicants must apply online at www.tcl.edu/hr or thru the SC State Jobs website https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/tcl. Any request for reasonable accommodations to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 843-525-8253. A resume and unofficial college transcript for all degrees earned ARE REQUIRED for this position and may be attached to the online application or faxed to 843-525-8262. A resume cannot be substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. We regret that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to candidates individually regarding the status of their application or the status of the interview process.
Veteran Preference Statement
South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
Join our team! Technical College of the Lowcountry is recruiting Accounting Adjuncts for Beaufort and New River Campuses for Fall/Spring Semesters!
- Provide instructional practices to include hands-on, theory, and classroom management.
- Administrative tasks may include reports, syllabus and lesson plan development.
- Assess the accomplishment of students on a regular basis.
- Maintain and submit records of student attendance, grades, and progress on a time sensitive basis.
- Recommend for approval adequate instructional materials for course.
- Provide professional instruction in an on-campus, online or hybrid mode using Blackboard Learning Management System.
- Work with other areas of the college such as Tutoring, Retention, etc. to help ensure student success.
- Prepare reports in cooperation with Division Dean for input in planning/reporting system and/or for submission to the accrediting body of the College or program.
- Represent the College positively in interactions with the community and with professional and academic groups at local, state, and national levels.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Required: Master's Degree in a related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Accounting. Unofficial transcripts are required when applying.
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Accounting and two (2) years of higher education teaching experience.
The Technical College of the Lowcountry seeks to be the first choice for higher education in South Carolina’s Low Country Region. The college is a public, open door, two-year comprehensive College of higher education. The College is dedicated to serving the diverse educational, workforce development, and personal enrichment needs of the rural counties of Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton, and Jasper. In an atmosphere of shared values, the College encourages creativity, innovation, and resourcefulness among its students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
The Technical College of the Lowcountry is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all qualified applicants for admissions or employment without regard to sex, race/color, religion, national origin, age, disability, service in the uniformed services (as defined by state and federal law), veteran status, political affiliation or belief, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation, genetic information, genetic identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. Contact information for equal opportunity concerns: Nancy H. Weber, Vice President for Student Affairs, Coleman Hall, Beaufort Campus, firstname.lastname@example.org, 843-525-8226. Susanne Douglas, Interim Director of Human Resources, Building 3, email@example.com, 843-525-8364