Adjunct, Web Design (Visual Arts)
- Salt Lake Community College
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Category: Faculty-Fine And Applied Arts-Art
- Posting Date: 09/21/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleAdjunct, Web Design (Visual Arts)
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Associate Dean
DepartmentVisual Art & Design
Position TypeOne Semester Temporary
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationMultiple Locations
Starting Salary$900/Contact Hour
Job Open Date09/21/2021
Job Close Date09/30/2022
Open Until FilledNo
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
Five years full-time experience in web design industry
Some post-secondary (college) education experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
2. Demonstrated abilities in web design proficiency
3. Good reading and writing skills.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Dependable and punctual.
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, culture, ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships across the
College. The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Portfolio of animation samples may be requested prior to hiring.
1) In accordance with SLCC policy, adjunct positions are offered on a semester by semester basis with no guarantee of continued employment.
2) Official transcripts are required for those who are offered employment within in 30 days of hire.
3) In accordance with Board of Regents policy, SLCC’s Human Resources will conduct a criminal background check on instructors if concurrent enrollment (K-12) students are assigned to classes.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.