Postdoctoral Research Fellow- Neuroscience Research Center
- Delaware State University
- Location: Dover, Delaware
- Category: Admin-Laboratory and Research
- Posting Date: 09/20/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Neuroscience Research Center
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
THIS IS A 100% GRANT FUNDED POSITION
General Description of the Job
A Post-Doctoral Research Associate works in Hwan Kim lab in the Department of Biological Sciences at Delaware State University, Dover, DE. This position is fully funded by grants of a PI, Hwan Kim to plan, develop and carry out a research program. The project investigates neurodegeneration using mouse models, primary neuronal culture, cell lines and molecular biology to elucidate mechanisms associated with the pathology of Parkinson’s disease, identifying potential therapeutic targets and developing combination therapeutics. This person will also be responsible for maintaining the laboratory and providing scientific leadership, training and mentoring to undergraduate and graduate students. Additional responsibilities include manuscript preparation, applying for grants (potential support for career development), and presenting at scientific meetings.The ideal candidate will have experience in stereotaxic injection and/or orally gavaging drugs to mice and familiar with mouse brain anatomy or a desire to be trained.
The following functions are essential to perform this job in the lab.
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Recent Publications from the lab
- Verma DK† , Ghosh A† , Seo BA, Ma SX, Cabrera G, Hernandez-Quijada K, Ko HS and Kim YH . The inhibition of SUMO-protease 1 (SENP1) prevents and reverses Parkinson’s disease pathology in PFF-injected mice. (In preparation).
- Verma DK† , Seo BA† , Ghosh A, Ma SX, Hernandez-Quijada K, Andersen JK, Ko HS and Kim YH . Alpha-synuclein preformed fibrils induce cellular senescence in Parkinson’s disease models. Cells. 2021 Jul; 10(7):1694. https://doi.org/10.3390/cells10071694 (IF:6.6)
- Verma DK, Ghosh A, Ruggiero L, Cartier E, Janezic EM, Williams D, Jung EJ, Moore M, Seo JB, and Kim YH . The SUMO conjugase Ubc9 protects Dopaminergic cells from cytotoxicity and enhances the stability of α-synuclein in Parkinson's disease models. eNeuro. 2020 Sept 4, 0134-20. PMID: 32887693 (IF:4.1)
- Cartier E, Garcia-Olivares J, Janezic EM, Viana J, Moore M, Lin ML, Caplan JL, Torres G, and Kim YH . The SUMO conjugase Ubc9 delays the degradation of Dopamine Transporter, enhancing its cell surface level and dopamine uptake. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience. 2019 Feb 8, 13(35):1-23. PMID:30828290 (IF:5.5)
Interested candidates must apply online for full consideration. In addition, please provide a cover letter describing your qualification for this position, CV, and three professional references. Email as one PDF to Hwan Kim, Ph.D., Associate Professor: email@example.com
Note: The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.