The position will report to the Dean of Business and Technology for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Interact effectively with a diverse student population;
- Work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and contribute to the mission of the College;
- Foster an engaging, supportive, and challenging learning environment in classrooms, laboratories, shops, and co-curricular programs;
- Teach no more than nine credit hours per semester of organized courses according to the College Catalog description, the syllabus, and the schedule of classes;
- In collaboration with instructors assigned to the same academic unit, exercise responsibility for the content, quality, and effectiveness of assigned curriculum;
- For assigned academic unit and/or educational program, participate with colleagues and administrators in identifying expected learning outcomes, assessing the extent to which students achieve those outcomes, and provide evidence of improvement based on the analysis of the results;
- As an individual and a College employee, participate in the promotion, development, and continuous improvement of the College’s academic and administrative policies, procedures, programs, and services;
- Maintain appropriate order and control of instructional settings to ensure a productive and engaging learning environment;
- Report disruptive or inappropriate student behavior to Student Affairs as necessary for the administration of the Student Conduct and Discipline Program (see FLB Local);
- Appropriately exercise the authority to direct students who exhibit disruptive or inappropriate behavior to leave an instructional setting immediately;
- At the beginning of each semester, distribute appropriate course information to students in each assigned course section according to the instructional arrangements policy (see: EC Regulation);
- Emphasize to students the importance of prompt, regular, and continuous class attendance according to the student admissions and attendance policy (see: FBD Regulation);
- Maintain in Blackboard, the LMS of Angelina College, accurate attendance and academic records of students enrolled in assigned course sections according to grading and credit policies and procedures (see: EGA Regulation);
- Provide regular and appropriate feedback to students enrolled in assigned course sections to help them gauge their academic performance and their acquisition of course content;
- Develop and proctor all examinations administered in assigned course sections, with obligatory exceptions; and
- Submit semester class rolls, final class rolls, final grades, and grade book records to the Dean of Business and Technology or his representative, according to the directives of the Office of the Registrar, in the designated timeframe.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Salary is competitive, based on the Angelina College Salary Schedule as defined for part-time instructors. Proof of identify and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
Please visit the Angelina College portal at https://myac.angelina.edu/ICS/AC_Employment/ to apply. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY