Assistant Professor: Fairburn
- Georgia Military College
- Location: Fairburn, Georgia
- Category: Faculty-Liberal Arts-History
- Posting Date: 07/05/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The Fairburn Campus of Georgia Military College is accepting applications for a full time Assistant Professor in the History discipline. GMC operates on an accelerated quarter system offering five terms per year. This is a full-time, annually renewable faculty position with a teaching load of 20 credit hours per quarter (Fall 1, Fall, Winter, and Spring). The contract period is for twelve months. Teaching is not required during the summer term, but faculty who teach in the summer are compensated additionally in accordance with the adjunct faculty pay scale. The position includes regular evening teaching assignments to support the needs of non-traditional students.
- A Master’s degree in History or a Master’s degree and 18sh or 30qh of graduate course work in History
- Two or more years of teaching experience.
- Experience teaching freshman and sophomore level History courses; experience teaching in a community college environment is preferred.
- Master's Degree is required and a Ph.D. is preferred.
- Applicant must be willing to teach day, evening, and/or weekend courses. Contracts are for up to 12 months; renewable upon availability of classes and satisfactory job performance.
The review process will commence immediately and continue until the necessary positions have been filled.
Application packets must include:
- Curriculum vita or resume
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- A completed GMC application
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Three letters of recommendation.
"While "military" remains part of our name and is an important part of our history, modern day GMC is a typical community college. There are no military obligations for our students or employees."
Criminal background check and Drug Screen must be cleared before any candidate may begin working.