Earth Science Geology Instructor - Adjunct Temporary
- Antelope Valley College
- Location: Lancaster, California
- Category: Faculty-Science-Geology, Earth Sciences & Oceanography
- Posting Date: 06/25/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Antelope Valley College invites applications for our adjunct (Temporary, part-time) faculty applicant pool for the following Geology discipline.
- REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
- Instruct students in the assigned discipline
- Assignment may include teaching courses during the day, evening, and/or off-campus sites
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Applicant must meet on of the following requirements.
- Most current Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges: Master's in geology, geophysics, earth science, meteorology, oceanography, or paleontology OR bachelor's in geology AND master's in geopraphy, physics, or geochemistry OR the equivalent.
- Antelope Valley College Equivalency: No Antelope Valley College Equivalency
AND a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (Assembly Bill 1725; Education Code 87360).
- OTHER INFORMATION
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Antelope Valley College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation. Upon request, we will consider reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment or admission process, (b) perform essential job functions, (c) enjoy benefits and privileges of similarly-situated individuals without disabilities, and (d) participate in instruction, programs, services, activities, or events.
Annual Security Report is provided by Antelope Valley College for prospective students and employees. A copy of this report is available at http://www.avc.edu/administration/police/