Instructor of Accounting
- Oklahoma Panhandle State University
- Location: Goodwell, Oklahoma
- Category: Faculty-Business-Accounting
- Posting Date: 06/07/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Teach accounting related classes, tenure track for Asst. Professor rank.
Master’s degree in accounting related field required; doctorate or terminal degree preferred. Eighteen graduate hours in accounting required; CPA or equivalent preferred.
- Teaching accounting related classes
- Advise students.
- Serve on University committees, and support College of Business and Technology clubs, organizations, etc.
- Support and participate in academic recruiting and retention efforts.
- Contribute to and function within the accounting department, the School of Business and Technology, and OPSU, while promoting the University in the surrounding communities.
- Teach 27-30 hours per year (fall and spring semester).
- Assist in program assessment at the departmental level.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible
- Must be able to lift more than 20-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner
- Perform other duties as assigned by Dean, School of Business and Technology; Dept. Chair, or his/her designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Applicant Must Submit:
- Letter of Application
- Three References, current addresses and phone numbers
- All College Transcripts (unofficial)
- Completed Consent & Disclosure form for pre-employment background check