Regional Director of Programs - Northeast
- Team IMPACT
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Category: Nonprofit-Program Management
- Posting Date: 05/28/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Regional Director of Programs – Northeast Location: Boston Organization Overview Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that connects children facing serious or chronic illnesses with college athletic teams, forming lifelong bonds and life-changing outcomes. Through Team IMPACT, a child battling illness becomes an official (non-playing) member of a college athletic team, attending practices, games, team dinners and more. After two years with the team, the child graduates from the program with demonstrated improvements in their optimism, confidence, and sense of belonging. Parents and siblings gain a community of support and a distraction from medical realities, and student athletes gain invaluable inspiration and perspective that will be carried with them long after graduation. To date, Team IMPACT has matched over 2,200 kids on over 750 campuses, and 60,000 student athletes have participated in the program.
Founded in Boston in 2011, Team IMPACT has since grown to have regional offices in Philadelphia, California and Chicago, with plans for additional regions being added in 2022 and beyond. In the Northeast region, we have over 200 matches at schools including Boston College, Syracuse, UConn, Yale, UMass, Columbia, Harvard, Brown, St. John’s, University of Vermont, Tufts, Dartmouth and Boston University. Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer, committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, and acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity will allow us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome and encourage applicants to bring their authentic selves when considering employment opportunities at Team IMPACT without fear or concern of discrimination/harassment. Position Summary The Regional Director, Programs (RDP) will report to the Regional Executive Director and play an integral role in all facets of Team IMPACT in our Northeast Region. S/he is the highest-level relationship builder for our medical and university partners and is charged with growing our impact by recruiting as many families and teams into the program as possible.
The RDP will be the face of the region to our many medical referral partners (hospitals, camps, schools, etc.) including centers of excellence like Boston Children’s Hospital, New York Presbyterian, Hassenfeld Children’s and Dana Farber. In addition, the RDP will be charged with the maintenance and creation of new relationships with our college & university participants. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, is driven by ambitious goals and has experience in business development or creating partnerships, preferably within the healthcare system.
• Create strategies and build relationships with medical partners (hospitals, camps, schools, etc.) to increase referrals and serve more kids and families.
• Build strong relationships with like-minded nonprofit organizations that serve similar populations in order to create referral partnerships and provide value to their communities.
• Manage our new campus partnership program (currently 9 schools in the Northeast). Ensure each campus partner is delivering on the expectations of the partnership and is satisfied with the value they’re getting and the impact on their student athletes.
• Identify additional campus partner targets and work with Athletic Department Administration to enter into a formal partnership.
• Partner closely with Northeast Regional Team and Case Managers to ensure families are having an exceptional experience from first point of contact through graduation.
• Work with the Northeast Regional Executive Director to help connect donors to our program and have them experience the power and impact of our matches first hand. Represent the program and (highlight?) our participants to Advisory Boards, individual donors, foundation and corporate partners as needed.
• In partnership with our Director of Student Athlete Development, manage our Team IMPACT Fellowship program in the Northeast. Our fellowship program is a growing team of on-campus student athlete leaders who in addition to serving as mentors also help run the program on campus, assist in the execution of partnership deliverables when appropriate, and receive training on leading through empathy and inclusion.
• Represent Team IMPACT at events throughout the Northeast including draft days, campus events, conferences and presentations to medical partners.
• Play a leadership role within the peer learning community of Team IMPACT Program Directors in our Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, West and Southeast regions.
Qualifications As incoming Regional Director of Programs, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
• Proven business development experience or experience creating partnerships within healthcare environments.
• Excellent communication skills and experience presenting to external audiences.
• Entrepreneurial skillset and motivated to hit ambitious growth targets.
• Ideal candidates will be driven by the quantitative metrics and goals associated with the role and the qualitative, personal experience and satisfaction of each child and team in ourprogram.
• Highly collaborative with ability to manage the involvement of multiple internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve goals.
• Belief in Team IMPACT’s mission, the power of team, and the power mentoring.
Benefits Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401k w/match, and a generous PTO structure, and position title(s) that are all commensurate with experience and skills. Team IMPACT’s main headquarters are in Marina Bay in Quincy, Massachusetts, a few miles outside of Boston.
This position is currently remote due to COVID-19, however upon return to the office, this position will require work to be performed at our main office. Team IMPACT was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021, the global authority on workplace culture. Come join our amazing team!
Working at Team IMPACT | Great Place to Work® How to Apply Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications and stating how you heard about this opportunity to Careers@TeamIMPACT.org. Please note Regional Director of Programs, Northeast in the subject line. Materials can be addressed to Kevin Flynn, National Director of Regional Strategy.
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.