- Drexel University
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 05/09/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job no: 495856
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: College of Engineering, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The employee will be responsible for the conduct of research and helping with laboratory administration in the Drexel Wireless Systems Laboratory (DWSL). The employee will be collaborating on multiple projects with other researchers, but must also be able to lead multiple technical and administrative efforts independently.
This position is potentially supported by external funds; therefore, the continuation of employment is contingent on receipt of those external funds.
- Specific job tasks include writing proposals, papers, and reports, assisting with development of a textile sensor design kit involving fabric antennas, providing a framework for the rapid design and iteration of textile-based sensors and electronics. This position interacts with other Drexel faculty, staff, and students (within or outside of the College of Engineering) on a regular basis.
- Business Development - Work with potential business partners to build and maintain a cooperative relationship through the entire cycle from initial meetings, cultivation of prospective research sponsors, proposal development, and progress reporting.
- Lab Administration – Help perform lab administration duties such as lab supply and equipment procurement, equipment management, grant paperwork (including pre-award submissions, post-award budget management, and progress report preparation).
- Proposal Writing - Assist in technical writing tasks and administrative functions of proposal preparation and submission. Keep track of upcoming due dates and solicitations that may be in accordance with the lab's research mission. Work with Drexel's research office and ECE/COE staff to coordinate proposal submission logistics.
- Research and Collaboration - Perform research and technical tasks for grants that have been awarded. Ensure that the relationship with collaborative entities such as other universities and industrial partners remains effective by maintaining knowledge about lab research tasks and personnel to make the proper connections between researchers in the lab and at the collaborator’s institution. Ensure projects progress on track in accordance with the proposed timeline at time of award.
- System Administration – Help manage the lab anechoic chamber, reverberation chamber, and ceiling mounted Software Defined Radio grid network consisting of radio nodes, reconfigurable antennas, RFID readers, a large wireless channel emulator, and their associated computers and servers. Help ensure close to 100% uptime on the grid network for research continuity. Support and evolve lab hardware and software development initiatives. Assist developers in debugging production issues.
- Student Mentoring - Mentor undergraduate and graduate students working in the lab with respect to their own research areas. Help students find the resources they require, whether that be physical lab equipment or administrative/financial resources. Help students by providing advice and assistance in research and education needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field is required.
- A minimum if 1 year of related experience is required.
- University City.
- This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: May 7 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 7 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend