Student Services Office Manager
- Mohave Community College
- Location: Bullhead City, Arizona
- Category: Admin-Student Affairs and Services
- Posting Date: 04/13/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Mohave Community College seeks a dedicated, customer service-focused manager to join the Student Services team.
See more details about this position here.
What you'll love about us:
We create the future by cultivating relentless curiosity in our students and each other to unlock new opportunities and break barriers. We take risks, adapt to oncoming challenges and opportunities, and engineer new ideas as we learn together from our mistakes and successes.
- We engage fearlessly, bringing passion and energy to our work by dreaming big, being bold, having fun, and fostering a caring environment. Celebrating each other and our results with enthusiasm makes our work meaningful and exciting.
- We build together. Our individual differences and backgrounds strengthen our teams, where we seek input and ensure every voice is heard. We amplify our impact when we empower each other to take ownership and work together toward common vision.
- We live authentically, being our best when we share information openly, create clarity, invite stakeholders to participate in decision-making, and communicate with utmost respect.
- We care! We care about our students, our communities and each other, finding ways to actively engage and invest in the success of those we serve.
- Your record of excellence in leadership, working with others in the spirit of partnership, transparency and care, to inspire action.
- Your strong ethical orientation and ability to make discerning, evidence-based decisions.
- Your unwavering commitment to the academic, emotional and social development of each and every student.
- Your excellent communication providing regular, consistent, and meaningful information; listening carefully to others and ensuring your messages are understood.
- Your creativity & ability to think beyond traditional ideas, rules, and patterns to generate meaningful and innovative solutions.
- Motivate and inspire the team towards excellence.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and review the work plan for assigned staff to provide high quality of service. Assign work activities, projects and programs.
- Monitor, measure, and report individual representative and team productivity and service level performance, quality, average handle times, compliance, and caller and customers satisfaction to ensure service expectations are achieved. Assess student services technicians’ interactions via recordings and observations utilizing call monitoring systems; deliver timely feedback to team members and monitor team member progress.
- Monitor day-to-day quality and production goals of front desk operations, testing services, and advising services.
- Assist customers with escalated service issues or complicated situations. Assist student services technicians with problem resolution and troubleshooting to resolve customer issues. Answer technical and procedural questions for both student services technicians and customers as needed.
- Communicate approved policies, procedures and service standards. Recommend changes to policies and procedures as necessary and participate in the development and implementation of such changes.
- Develop and implement staff training and development programs to meet the needs of designated staff in providing appropriate services to customers. Communicate clearly defined and concise expectations, give appropriate feedback, and provide coaching and developmental opportunities.
- Supervise and review the performance of staff. Supervision includes training, delegation of work assignments, and employee evaluation resulting in recommendations for discipline, employee hire/termination, promotion and pay rate change.
- Participate in the development of short and long-term goals for the department that are strategically aligned with the college's mission and vision
- Report system malfunctions or performance issues and assist in resolution of operational issues by completing root cause analysis, creating trending reports and initiating process improvements.
- Look constantly for developmental and continuous improvement opportunities for the team.
- Handle highly sensitive information and confidential records and materials in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Complete daily processes in CRM software system to assist with assigning advisors, generating reports, placing manual holds, and other technical procedures.
- Assist with daily testing center duties, including data entry, report pulling, and contacting customers as needed.
- Report any operational issues and work cohesively with all student service teams to ensure satisfactory resolutions.
- Adhere to college, federal and state administrative procedures, guidelines, initiatives and directives to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations affecting college operations.
- Perform other tasks of a similar nature or level as assigned.
- Associates degree
- Prior customer service experience
- Minimum of three (3) years management experience, in an office setting preferred
- Knowledge of ACDs, IVRs, CTI, desktop support field, including software, hardware and peripheral troubleshooting very helpful.
Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, communications, or a related field
- Five (5) years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- Coaching and Developing Others (Intermediate Level) - Guides others on how to anticipate, define and solve problems. Identifies areas for and supports employee development opportunities. Participates in specific assignments or projects to challenge and stretch own abilities and self-confidence. Gives others the autonomy to approach issues in their own way, including the opportunity to make and learn from mistakes.
- Effective Communication (Advanced Level) - Tailors information to audience and individual needs - flexes style appropriately. Models interpersonal communication that invites participation and future dialogue. Actively seeks perspectives from others to ensure inclusiveness and understanding. Refrains from immediate judgment and criticism of others' ideas and delivers criticism in a way that demonstrates sensitivity to the feelings of others and waits for others to finish their intended message before responding.
- Customer Focus (Advanced Level) - Develops strategic approaches to various client groups now and in the future. Effectively de-escalates a situation when tempers flare. Obtains and examines all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes. Shows appreciation and provides final assurances to the customer in the problem solving process by engaging them and providing options of how to resolve concern and letting them decide.
- Decision Making and Judgement (Intermediate Level) - Gathers information on an issue, impartially considering all sides and makes logical decisions that are clear. Evaluates positive and negative alternatives within time and resource constraints. Always has ‘big picture’ in mind and helps others see it. Uses sound judgment and integrity to make clear, transparent decisions.
- Initiative (Intermediate Level) - Seeks opportunities to improve or enhance services, avoid problems, or develop new programs. Pursues increased challenge and accountability in project tasks. Recognizes and takes appropriate action to effectively address problems and opportunities. Focuses on achieving results, rather than activities that may not add value. Consistently exceeds expectations regarding the timing of deliverables.
- Leadership (Intermediate Level) - Understands how organizations work and ably maneuvers and executes within the organizational structure and networks. Understands and supports organizational policies, procedures and systems, reconciling ambiguities and deficiencies. Works cooperatively with others, establishes rapport, and is organizationally sensitive. Builds trust through straightforwardness and consistency. Inspires employees to perform at their best. Is informed and knowledgeable about industry trends and organizational initiatives; appropriately aligns skills with organizational initiatives.
- Planning and Organization (Advanced Level) - Taps into the resources of other work-units and departments, employing methods such as cross-functional teams to achieve results. Utilizes all departmental tools and “best practices” to enhance effectiveness and efficiency. Shows persistence in overcoming obstacles that might impact deadlines or timelines. Develops contingency plans for potential problems. Identifies and acts on opportunities to partner with other departments to achieve desired results.
- Problem Solving (Intermediate Level) - Understands the organization and the effect decisions have on other parts of the organization. Seeks out and takes account of relevant inputs from others. Determines criteria for decision making. Solutions increase efficiency and improve quality. Proactively implements fixes and changes as needed to keep small problems from becoming big problems. Able to anticipate immediate consequences.
- Team Work (Advanced Level) - Maintains or enhances self-esteem of others in all communications with team members. Actively works to remove barriers to team effectiveness. Is flexible and can work with a wide variety of different people on different tasks. Fosters cooperation and collaboration in others through trust-building and relationships. Encourages other team members to participate and facilitates when appropriate. Facilitates team activities that promote effective peer and work relationships. Fosters team communication and dialogue, identifies opportunities to gain consensus for team options, decision and outcomes. Builds effective teams across organizations and levels, inside and outside own organization.
- Tact and Diplomacy (Beginner Level) - Responds to all situations in ways that reduce or minimize potential conflict and maintains good working relationships with all constituencies.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to have all the following documents on file in the Human Resources office by the deadline date in order to continue in the application process for this position. Application materials will not be returned. Important Note: If any of the below listed materials are missing or incomplete, the application will not be considered.
- A complete online employment application form. Please do not state "See Resume" on any part of the application. Blank spaces may be cause for rejection of the application.
- Cover letter addressing the criteria listed in the job announcement and your qualifications for this position.
- Resume or curriculum vitae. Optional, but encouraged.
- Transcripts of all college work. (Unofficial transcripts or photocopies will be accepted to establish the application file. Official transcripts will be required if the candidate is offered the position.)
Items 2-4 may either be attached electronically to the application or mailed to the address below (position number must be included on all documents):
Mohave Community College
1971 Jagerson Avenue
Kingman, AZ 86409