Adjunct Faculty – CRWR 315
- Ringling College of Art Design
- Location: Sarasota, Florida
- Category: Faculty-Liberal Arts-Other Liberal Arts
- Posting Date: 03/01/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
CRWR 315 – Creative Writing Topics – Writing the TV Pilot
Investigates the theory, history, aesthetics, art, and/or creation of creative writing. Exposure to contemporary topics/trends in the world of creative writing.
Analyzes what creates a hit, viable television show in today’s changing digital landscape. Explores the importance of compelling characters with differing world views and definitive engines of conflict to ensure a premise with potential for a series. Builds on a foundational understanding of storytelling. Instructs on how to write a TV pilot and pitch document from ideation and proof of concept, to outline, first draft, and first revision.
- A master’s degree in the teaching discipline or a master’s degree with a concentration in the teaching discipline (a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline)
- A repertoire of engaging teaching techniques that reaches out to a variety of learning styles
- Familiarity with digital technologies in teaching
- PhD or other terminal degree in a relevant subject area.
- College level teaching experience
- Strong interest or background in an art and design school environment
Posting Date 10/20/2020 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Required materials include cover letter; resume or CV; employment and education history; contact information of three references (names, titles, email, and telephone numbers); and, an unofficial transcript copy of the most relevant degree. Candidates may be asked to submit additional materials if needed. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Review of materials will begin immediately. Applications to this pool will be reviewed throughout the year as positions become available and until all vacancies are filled. Courses may be added as needed – please check for revisions.