Assistant Professor of Political Science
- University of Indianapolis
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Category: Faculty-Liberal Arts-Political Science
- Posting Date: 03/01/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The University of Indianapolis seeks a dynamic teacher/scholar for a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track assistant professorship in American Politics. This position will begin August 2021.
Responsibilities: Typical annual teaching load consists of seven course sections, ranging from introduction to American Government courses to upper-division courses in American government institutions. The candidate will help with Pre-Law Advising and will contribute to oversight of the Legal Studies Minor. Preference will be given to candidates with specialties in American Institutions and a record of forging connections within a college setting and with local governments. The successful candidate will help grow the Political Science major; ability to work collaboratively with students and colleagues and foster internship opportunities a must.
Qualifications: PhD in Political Science with American specialty in hand by August 1, 2021. Teaching experience required along with evidence of scholarly potential.
Review of applications will begin immediately. To be considered, please apply by April 5, 2021. Candidates will be asked to include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcript (highest degree earned), and three letters of recommendation.
- Teach seven course sections, ranging from introduction to American Government courses to upper-division courses in American government institutions
- Assist with Pre-Law Advising
- Contribute to overseeing the Legal Studies Minor
- PhD in Political Science with American specialty in hand by August 1, 2021 is required
- Teaching experience required
- Evidence of of scholarly potential required
- Ability to work collaboratively with students and colleagues and foster internship opportunities required
- Specialties in American Institutions are preferred
- Record of forging connections within a college setting and with local governments preferred
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Tuition Discount
- Free Parking
March 01, 2021
Compensation is based upon experience and level of education
University of Indianapolis
1400 East Hanna Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46227
Indianapolis, IN 46227