Automotive Adjunct Instructor
- Antelope Valley College
- Location: Lancaster, California
- Category: Faculty-Vocational & Technical-Automotive
- Posting Date: 12/04/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
$74.06 - $80.09 Hourly
Career Tech Ed
ANTICIPATED START DATE
Spring 2021/Establishing a Pool
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Transcripts for all Degrees
Two Letters of Recommendation
Adjunct instructors are hired on a semester basis and are paid per lecture hour equivalent (LHE). Minimum - $74.06 (less than a masters) and Maximum - $80.09 (Doctorate)
Antelope Valley College invites applications for our adjunct (temporary, part-time) faculty applicant pool for the following Career Technical Educational discipline, Automotive Adjunct Instructor position.
- Teaches a variety of courses in Automotive Technology, subjects may vary from ASE A1-A8.
- Assignment may include teaching courses during the day, afternoon, evening, on-line courses and/or off-campus.
- Follows curriculum of record to teach students valuable real world skills, and prepare students to pass ASE exams.
- Instruct lecture and lab classes.
- Demonstrate hands-on live work to students.
- Instructs students in the use of tools, equipment, and industry standard safety practices.
- Evaluate student performance, record grades, and submit final grades.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards.
- Instruct students in the assigned discipline
- Assignment may include teaching courses during the day, evening, on-line courses and/or off-campus sites
Applicant must meet one of the following requirements
- Most current Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges: Any Bachelor's degree AND two years of professional experience OR any Associate degree AND six years of professional experience OR Equivalency.
- Antelope Valley College Equivalency: No Antelope Valley College Equivalency
- ASE certifications from A1-A8 and G1.
- Automotive manufacturer training.
- California BAR Smog certification.
- Experience rebuilding manual or automatic transmissions.
AND a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (Assembly Bill 1725; Education Code 87360).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Antelope Valley College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation. Upon request, we will consider reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment or admission process, (b) perform essential job functions, (c) enjoy benefits and privileges of similarly-situated individuals without disabilities, and (d) participate in instruction, programs, services, activities, or events.
Annual Security Report is provided by Antelope Valley College for prospective students and employees. A copy of this report is available at http://www.avc.edu/administration/police/
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS - PLEASE READ
- Each recruitment is conducted independent from others; therefore, interested parties need to submit separate complete application packages for each position they apply.
- It is important the applicants submit ALL documents requested for the application package to be deemed complete and given consideration.
- This includes, but is not limited to, submitting transcripts for all college coursework or degrees when requested to do so within a job announcement.
- All out of the country transcripts must be evaluated prior to submitting them with applications.
- Any evaluation service member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) http://www.naces.org/ is acceptable.
- If letters of recommendation are required, letters must be current within two years, signed and dated from individuals having knowledge of your professional experience.
- Typing certifications must be current within one year and must include name, date and net words per minute (NWP).
- For those disciplines with established Academic Senate’s approved equivalency: complete the Supplemental Equivalence Request form (If applicant is applying based on an equivalency and is requesting review: https://www.avc.edu/sites/default/files/Equivalency_F-T%20Academic%20Employment%20App%20Fillable%20Rev.%2012-17%20Form%203.pdf (Download PDF reader) )
- Applicants may be subject to passing an examination (written/technical), as appropriate to the requirements of the position.
- Residency within a reasonable geographical area of the college may be necessary.
- Travel expenses for pre-employment interviews and employment processing will not be authorized.