Adjunct Instructor, Accounting - Quincy College
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is for on-campus instruction only. To serve as Instructor of academic course(s) as assigned by the Dean. Adjunct Faculty must follow the philosophy and mission of Quincy College. The Adjunct Instructor will maintain a competent level of performance and professional development in the position and carry out such job related duties as may be assigned.
The College is seeking qualified applicants to teach Psychology courses on ground at our Quincy and Plymouth campuses and online.
- Provide high quality teaching/instructing to Quincy College students.
- Prepare a syllabus which conforms to Quincy College requirements including objectives, required assigned reading, and assessment methods;
- Attend classes as scheduled;
- Attend faculty meetings as requested and cooperate with any policy requests;
- Maintain a classroom environment that promotes discussion and respects each student;
- Adhere to the policies as set forth in the "Faculty Handbook", including, but not limited to attendance and make-up policy for missed classes, early dismissal, and final exams;
- Prepare in advance for each class, check adjunct faculty mailbox for important messages before each class, and communicate any changes in the course syllabus to the class as needed;
- Prepare and distribute "Notices of Concern" as needed in a timely manner;
- Promptly return all exams and homework giving students feedback on their work;
- Turn in all required paperwork in a timely fashion, including, but not limited to contracts, syllabi, class lists, attendance sheets, and final grades.
- Participate in mandatory training/coursework. Including but not limited to:
Security Policy and Notification of Security Reporting
Bi-Annual Municipal Ethics Law
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE: Doctoral Degree in the field or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Teaching experience in the subject area at the college level required, preferably in a community college setting. Substantial working experience in the subject area is a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to education and working with a diverse student population
- Experience using technology in the classroom and/or for distance learning, and traditional/nontraditional methods of instruction
- Experience using multiple measures to assess student learning
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of Quincy College's certification program (Canvas, Quality Matters, TSR) for teaching or, in the sole determination of Quincy College, the equivalent of that program.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated academic excellence as well as compassion and enthusiasm for community college students. Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to education and working with a diverse student population.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
TRAVEL: This position may require teaching and attending meetings at Quincy and Plymouth Campuses and satellite educational locations.
Quincy College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. Quincy College is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*