The Lederman Fellowship at Fermilab is intended to attract exceptional postdoctoral candidates who have demonstrated outstanding ability in research and who, in addition, have a strong interest in education and outreach. Lederman Fellows are free to choose any area in Fermilab's broad experimental program for performing their research, including neutrino physics, LHC research with the CMS experiment, astroparticle physics, intensity frontier experiments such as Muon g-2 and Mu2e, quantum information science, and quantum sensor research. In recognition of Leon Lederman’s commitment to the teaching of physics at all levels, Fellows are also expected to participate for a fraction of their time in education. An example would be the "Saturday Morning Physics" program or other outreach. Candidates not selected for the Lederman Fellowship may be considered for other Research Associate opportunities at Fermilab.
The Lederman Fellowship is a 3-year appointment with the possibility for extension of up to two (2) additional years.
Qualifications and Essential Job Functions
• Candidates should have obtained a Ph.D. in experimental particle physics, astrophysics, or a closely related field after September 1, 2019, or should expect to obtain a Ph.D. in one of the same fields by September 1, 2021.
• Demonstrated exceptional ability in research.
• Ability to participate in physics outreach.
• Respects, understands, and values individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
• Abides by all environment, safety, and health regulations.
Interested candidates should submit via Academic Jobs Online: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Curriculum Vitae, 3) Research Statement, 4) Outreach Statement, and 5) Three or More Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at the AJO site).
For information about this position, please contact James Hirschauer firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.fnal.gov/pub/forphysicists/fellowships/leon_lederman/index.html.
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
Human Factors: Mental Concentration, Sitting, and Standing
Diverse People, Diverse Jobs, Great Science
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.