- PhD in relevant scientific area including Molecular Biology and Cell Biology, Toxicology, Reproductive Biology and/or Biochemistry.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in basic molecular biology techniques (please refer to desired skills below)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently but also a team player
- A strong work ethic and a commitment to becoming an independent scientist
- Demonstrated skills in scientific writing (based on publication record)
Desired or preferred previous experience with: Cell culture (primary and immortalized lines), routine molecular assays (DNA/RNA isolation, quantitative RT-PCR), blotting/probing, histology, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, mouse experimentation and data analyses.
This position is initially for two years, renewable annually based on performance, with a possibility of an extension based on the availability of funding.
Application materials should include
- Cover letter
- 1-page description of research experience as well as qualifications and interest in this position
- CV including prior positions, publications and technical expertise
- Contact information of three references who may be contacted
For more information about this position, please contact Dr. Almudena Veiga-Lopez (email@example.com)