Open Rank Non-Tenure Track in Landscape Architecture & Environmental Planning
Working TitleOpen Rank Non-Tenure Track in Landscape Architecture & Environmental Planning
Anticipated Hiring RangeDependent upon course load
Work ScheduleHours vary depending on department needs
Job LocationRaleigh, NC
DepartmentLandscape Architecture and Environmental Planning
About the Department
We prepare students to enter the profession of landscape architecture and environmental planning as it is currently practiced, and, by virtue of our emphasis on evidence-based inquiry and design thinking, to engage, and participate in propelling the profession into the future as it changes and develops in response to environmental changes and societal imperatives. We expect graduates to apply their talents to advance the knowledge and capabilities of the profession and to be competent, entrepreneurial, and competitive in the job market and within their communities.
Essential Job Duties
Minimum Education and Experience
Terminal degree in a field relevant to the specific area of instruction (i.e. landscape architecture, environmental planning, urban/environmental design, etc.) with professional practice in that related field.
A terminal degree is required to teach at the graduate level.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability or aptitude in the areas specific to the courses to be taught.
- Demonstrated potential for directing activities specific to the courses to be taught.
- Ability and willingness to participate in departmental and university affairs.
- Demonstrated leadership in the professional field and community.
- Demonstrated professional or scholarly competency with a mix of traditional and leading-edge technologies and methods.
- Professional license to practice landscape architecture is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in teaching at the college level is preferred, but not required.
- Also of interest would be post professional degree(s) including a Ph.D.
Required License(s) or Certification(s)
Valid NC Driver's License requiredNo
Commercial Driver's License requiredNo
Job Open Date05/16/2023
Anticipated Close DateOpen Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Position TypeNon-Tenure-Track Faculty
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week).225 -1.0 FTE
Appointment< 9 Months Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherNon Mandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency EventsNon Mandatory - Emergency Event
Department ID120401 - Landscape Architecture
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*