Location: Fall River, MA Category: Adjunct Faculty Posted On: Fri Jul 12 2019
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Adjunct Faculty - Communication will be responsible for teaching Communication courses. A list of potential courses can be found online in the Course Catalog.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Dean of Arts & Humanities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach Communication courses.
- Complete required trainings, such as Title IX and Cybersecurity.
- Adhere to workload as specified in the Collective Bargaining Agreement, to include duties such as completing book orders, creating syllabi, verifying student enrollment, and submitting final grades by the contractual deadline.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Master's degree in related field.
- College level teaching experience.
- Proven technological proficiency.
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Doctorate preferred.
- Degree in communication.
- Evidence of scholarship.
- Experience using High Impact Practices.
- Experience teaching at a community college.
- Graduate of Bristol's Adjunct Certificate Program
- Prior online teaching experience.
- Prior online teaching, using Blackboard or any Learning Management System.
- 18 graduate credits in the area of communication
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
POSITION STATUS: MCCC/DCE unit position, non-benefitted.
Adjunct Faculty are part time instructors hired on an as needed basis. Courses may be offered as face-to-face sections in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and/or Taunton. Courses may also be offered as online sections. Courses may be held during the day, in the evening, and on weekends (Friday nights, Saturdays, and Sundays).
Please note: Positions will be available pending sufficient enrollment.
STARTING DATE: Academic Year 2019-2020
SALARY: Minimum salary is $1,104 per credit hour. Actual salary is commensurate with the DCE Collective Bargaining Agreement.