Position TitleEngineering, Adjunct Instructor
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Associate Dean
DepartmentEngineering (School of STEM)- 2G6
Position TypeOne Semester Temporary
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationVaries
Starting SalaryAdjunct Contract
Job Open Date10/12/2016
Open Until FilledNo
Under general supervision, prepare and teach Engineering classes for the Engineering Department.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Follows the course curriculum outline, prepares and delivers lectures and other classroom activities.
2. Keeps accurate classroom records.
3. Coordinates Student ADA accommodation requests following college policy and procedures.
4. Answers questions about the course.
5. Follows SLCC policies and procedures.
6. Supports department assessment initiatives.
7. Meets College and department deadlines and evaluates student work in a timely manner including submitting final grades on time.
8. Completes required training and attends department meetings.
9. Demonstrate and support professional commitment to division, school, and college mission and values.
Previous teaching experience in Engineering or substantial (3-5 yrs.) related industry experience.
Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to interpret and implement curriculum materials.
Ability to supervise and work effectively with students of various backgrounds and skill-sets.
Ability to communicate and work effectively with college administrators, faculty and staff.
Ability to produce quality work while setting and meeting appropriate deadlines.
Advanced oral and written communication skills.
As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions are semester by semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.
Please attach additional documents (Resume, copies of credentials or transcripts, etc.) for consideration.
Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.
This is a pooled position and all applications are active for one year from the application date. The department will review applications when positions become available.