As a leading research university with a distinctive commitment to undergraduate education, Rice University aspires to pathbreaking research, unsurpassed teaching, and contributions to the betterment of our world. It seeks to fulfill this mission by cultivating a diverse community of learning and discovery that produces leaders across the spectrum of human endeavor.
As part of a recently launched $150 million investment in research initiatives to advance this mission, Rice University is pleased to announce and invite applications for the Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellows Program. With the 2020-2022 cohort, the Rice Academy will be open to all research fields and areas of study.
The two-year Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships are open to exceptional scholars who have recently earned the doctoral degree in any area, including medicine, and who want to pursue research with faculty at Rice University. Applications are particularly welcome from those who are interested in interdisciplinary approaches to scholarship.
Individuals selected as Fellows will join the Rice University Academy of Fellows, a community of scholars that includes senior members of the Rice faculty. Additionally, the Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship offers:
- a postdoctoral position
- a mentored relationship with a discipline-related faculty member;
- regular opportunities for intellectual exploration with Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellows community;
- programmatic activities to promote professional development, including a focused plan to pursue relevant early career awards;
- substantial campus-wide resources in expertise and instrumentation;
- a $60,000 salary, with benefits;
The standard stipend for a Rice Academy Junior Fellow is $60,000. National standard stipends in a few research areas are above that level, and those departments may augment the stipend.
Academy Junior Fellows will also be provided with a one-time $5,000 in a research fund and access to university resources.