Adjunct Instructor (College of Business) - ON CAMPUS
What if I told you it is possible to find a Company that lived to educate, inspire and empower others while creating a family atmosphere that truly appreciates and respects their team? Would you apply? What if I threw in strong Company values, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity for you to make a tangible impact and feel appreciated?
See below for a feel of what the Company culture is (REALLY) like. Hint: it's amazing.
At Westcliff, we are constantly striving to be the best while valuing each of our team members as human beings and succeeding together!
Westcliff is a leader in innovative global education. We are respected for our transformative, technologically advanced programs and initiatives with a focus on excellence, social responsibility, and diversity. Our tagline – “Educate. Inspire, Empower.” – is a summary of our Mission Statement. As it suggests, the main focus of our University is to strive to enhance the opportunities of our students and employees to enjoy success through empowerment, as a result of their education and hard work.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Westcliff’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Westcliff team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your personal touch on Westcliff’s progress as we grow and succeed together!
If you are looking for an opportunity to share your wealth of knowledge and expertise in the areas of:
with the next wave of aspiring professionals, then Westcliff University is for you.
We are currently only considering candidates that can teach ON CAMPUS.
With a footprint in over 70 countries and a dedication to quality accessible education, Westcliff University is seeking Adjunct Assistant Professors to teach undergraduate, masters and doctoral courses for the College of Business.
Under the direction of the College of Business Program Chairs of the Undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral programs, you will engage in the following:
- Reviewing and managing your syllabus and corresponding materials
- Facilitating class instruction utilizing your experience and passion for your field
- Teaching your assigned classes in accordance with Westcliff University's learning objectives and session plan outlines
- Administering evaluations of student performance based on course deliverables and rubrics
- Posting course grades on our Learning Management System (LMS)
- Responding promptly to grade determination and providing detailed timely feedback
- Submitting grades for assignments, discussion board exercises, exams and discussions promptly
- Participating in Faculty Senate, programmatic development and committee work
- Adhering to Westcliff University protocols
- Other duties as assigned
- Doctoral degree from a regionally or internationally accredited institution in or closely related to your field
- Experience teaching on-campus or in a hybrid format
- Two years experience teaching at the university level in your discipline
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Doctoral or Master's Degree from a regionally or internationally accredited institution or equivalent
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Westcliff University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Westcliff University abides by OSHA COVID guidelines.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Irvine, CA 92614: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Master's (Required)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Higher education teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*