Do you have experience solving cyber systems security challenges and applying systems engineering to cyber mission operations capabilities?
Are you passionate about using innovation and technology to solve technical challenges involving the defense of the US and our allies?
If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Cyber Systems Engineer, you will...
Develop and apply a detailed understanding of computer, network, systems, and cybersecurity concepts to create, assess, and operationalize novel approaches to creating impactful cyber capabilities in development and operational environments. Engage with the external community to promote APL's involvement in the end-to-end lifecycle development of cyber mission operations capabilities.
- Lead, create, analyze, and assess novel techniques for computer network operations, including characterization of advanced cyber mission capabilities.
- Lead systems engineering efforts to design, develop, and deploy complex software architectures and systems with a focus on cyber warfare capabilities and operational integration.
- Analyze and evaluate the cyber security of computer-enabled systems and mission-relevant software applications.
- Document and present findings, results, concepts, recommendations, and mitigation strategies.
: You meet the minimum qualifications for this position if you have:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Security or related fields.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience with computer systems and networks with knowledge and experience of architectural frameworks, requirements elicitation and analysis, and software systems integration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills, good organizational skills, ability to both lead and work in teams.
- Hold an active Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You’ll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have:
- MS or PhD in an engineering discipline
- 15+ years’ experience in the design, development, and deployment of complex software architectures and systems with a focus on full spectrum cyber mission operations.
- Knowledge and experience with architectural frameworks, requirements elicitation and analysis, systems integration, and systems evaluation.
- Experience in conducting research and development of offensive cyber capabilities.
- Experience in the development of related documents that define processes, solutions, requirements, and specifications for government agencies (military, federal D/As, state, and local) and public organizations to collaborate and achieve greater cybersecurity.
-Active TS/SCI clearance