Are you experienced with RF systems design, analysis, and development for space and ground segments?
Are you a clear thinker with good interpersonal skills, and effective communications skills?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking an RF systems engineer to design, analyze and develop NASA and DoD's next generation spacecraft. You'll be joining a hard-working team of engineers who thrive on making critical contributions to our Nation's critical challenges. Our culture embraces our core values of unquestionable integrity, trusted service to our nation, world-class expertise, game-changing impact, highly collaborative, and even fun environment!
As an RF Systems Engineer
- You will perform conceptual systems design, simulation, link analysis, hardware trade studies, technical tradeoffs, and costing for satellite communications and RF system design concepts for both space and ground segments.
- You will work with mission and spacecraft systems engineers, peer subsystem engineers and project management in overall mission development and execution from concept to launch, including technical concept design, requirements,development phases, technical reviews, budget development and schedule.
- You will lead technical teams throughout the RF systems development cycle, including system concept, trade studies,prototype work, flight development, integration, and test.
- You will assist project and program management in sponsor engagement.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you have:
• A BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• 5+ years direct experience in satellite RF communications and RF systems design, development, simulation (MATLAB,SystemVue, or equivalent) and operations.
• Experience in RF hardware design and/or testing.
• Are willing and able to accommodate: flexible hours for spacecraft level testing activities for short periods of time, infrequent travel to customer or sponsor locations as well as spacecraft integration and test sites.
• Are able to obtain TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have:
• PhD degree in Electrical Engineering with previous RF systems design leadership experience.
• Experience with software-defined radios, antennas, RF characterization and measurements to Ka-band or beyond, Radar systems design, military satellite communications systems.
• Ability to work independently without technical oversight.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws, and values diversity in its workforce.