Would you like to be able to use your technical skills to improve the reliability, accuracy and effectiveness of the nation's weapon systems?
Are you driven to do what is necessary for projects to succeed?
Are you passionate about engaging in a forward thinking team striving to craft significant contributions to our nation's most critical challenges?
If so, we' are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL to work on our Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT) systems. In this role, you will be working on First-Mover and Fast-Follower projects to improve navigation accuracy and provide situational awareness to warfighters.
As a PNT Engineer, you will …
Breakdown the needs of our sponsors to form top-level requirements and define system performance requirements to achieve them
Develop and Validate algorithms that represent functional solutions to performance requirements
Perform Software design, development and test (including hardware interfacing)
Participate in field tests and conduct post-mission analyses
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent technical discipline
- Have 5 or more years of relevant experience working in system, algorithm and software development to include supporting PNT systems
- Are proficient in scientific programming
- Are proficient in modern C++ and software development methodologies
- Are willing and able to travel an average of three weeks a year to in support of your tasking
- Hold a current active Secret level clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information up to the Secret level. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess an MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Have experience in capture, RF-to-IF processing, acquisition and tracking of satellite navigation signals
- Have applicable military experience in Navigation, Radio, or Electronics
- Have project leadership and mentoring skills
Why work at APL?
APL brings special expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.