A postdoctor position is available to work on the molecular mechanism of smooth muscle cell (SMC) phenotypic modulation in vascular diseases. The background literature of our current research is PMID: 20224039, 21183509 and 25985281.
The major responsibility is:
• Characterize the molecular mechanisms of cytoskeletal proteins, transcription factors and epigenetic factors in regulating SMC gene expression and vascular pathology in vascular diseases using cell culture and mouse aneurysm and atherosclerosis models.
Qualified candidates should meet the following criteria:
• Self-motivated, responsible and hard working.
• Excellent technical skills in molecular biology (protein-protein and protein-DNA interaction analyses) and mouse pathophysiology analyses.
• Strong communication skills.
• A Ph.D degree is required. Priority is given to candidates with USA citizenship/permanent residency.
Interested candidates should send (i) CV, (ii) 1-2 representative manuscripts and/or Ph.D thesis, (iii) 3 letters of reference.
The suitable candidates will be contacted directly for an interview.