Are you passionate about pursuing new research to solve today’s greatest challenges in robotics?
Do you enjoy working on meaningful interdisciplinary problems?
Do you thrive in a collaborative and creative environment?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a highly skilled Robotics Post-Doctoral Researcher to help us take Intelligent Systems from concept to reality. We are a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers focused on groundbreaking impacts in the areas of robotics, autonomy, machine learning, and applied neuroscience. We are looking for someone motivated to support research across the robotics domain with applications that strengthen national defense, improve national health, and address critical challenges facing the nation.
As a Robotics Post-Doctoral Researcher...
- Your primary responsibility will be defining and developing new robotic systems and algorithmic solutions to address relevant challenges. Current research areas include robot perception, dexterous manipulation, adaptive control, enhanced mobility, novel robotic systems, human-robot collaboration, and autonomous robot behaviors.
- You will help provide technical vision for multidisciplinary research teams to make next generation intelligent robotic systems a reality.
- You will communicate research vision, results, and impact to APL leadership and the broader research community through papers, presentations, and technical reports.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have (or will soon receive) a Ph.D. in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with a focus on robotics.
- Have proven ability in defining robotics research problems and identifying possible solutions.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to articulate complex technical issues effectively and appropriately for a wide range of audiences.
- Are able to obtain a Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You meet our desired qualifications if you…
- Have recent experience in some combination of the following programming languages: Matlab, Python, Java, C++/C, R.
- Have experience in technical proposal writing.
Why Work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
- Primary Mission Area: Research & Exploratory Development
- Requisition ID: 23392
- Security Clearance Required on Start Date: Clearance not required
- Final Security Clearance Required: Secret