Delivers relevant course content online from master courses that use a variety of teaching methods and tools. Ensures that students achieve and demonstrate mastery of stated learning objectives.
Courses to be taught are interdisciplinary in nature. Individuals with strong backgrounds in humanities and social sciences are encouraged to apply. Course topics may combine content in two or more of the following disciplines: literature, leadership/management, science, history, economics, ethics, sociology, psychology, etc.
Essential Job Functions
- Delivers course content, learning activities and assessments using the university’s online learning platform, according to JWU course outlines and online course delivery standards
- Measures student achievement of course objectives
- Maintains accurate records of student attendance, academic achievement and performance in accordance with university policies and procedures
- Posts a syllabus that uses the university-approved syllabus template
- Responds to requests for information and/or action from students and university administrators in a timely fashion (24 hours or less)
- Communicates early with any student in danger of failure or in need of individual counseling
- Refers students to appropriate university resources for information, guidance, financial assistance, career development, etc.
- Collaborates with instructional support team for online teaching orientation and course delivery preparation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Earned doctorate (PhD) in humanities, English, social sciences, science or closely related field of study from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or other appropriate accreditation as determined by JWU
- Experience teaching in a higher education setting
- Experience teaching online courses
- Experience with Blackboard
College/university transcripts are required prior to hire.
By applying to this posting, you are entering an applicant pool for adjunct faculty which will be hired on an as needed basis. As such, not everyone in the applicant pool for this position will be contacted and/or selected to teach.
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
13 Mar 2020 Eastern Daylight Time