Staff Director of Intergroup Dialogue Program
Avg Hours Week
709 - Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Staff Director of the Intergroup Dialogue Program works with the Faculty Director to oversee and manage the daily operations of the Intergroup Relations (IGR) program. The Director reports to the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives.
The individual in this position will manage the team of program facilitators, providing recruitment, training, assessment, and ongoing development and training, and execute student recruitment efforts. Additionally, the Director will review assessments for each semester (CATS) and collect student consent forms for research and assessment of student papers. This position will coordinate the IGR Leadership Team (advisory function, planning future topic offerings, interviewing and assessing new facilitator applicants, curriculum development, solicit input and direct outreach to departments and groups) and other outreach activities.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting and training new facilitators, provide regular review of current facilitators and deliver regular professional development opportunities for the entire IGR staff.
- Design and execute student recruitment (through a variety of channels. e.g., Directors of interdisciplinary programs, faculty who teach courses with Diversity attributes, Student Development organizations, outreach to students and facilitation team).
- Coordinating the IGR Leadership team including yearly evaluation of facilitators, supervising the onboarding process for new facilitators, onboarding process for new facilitators, and developing new curriculum.
- Coordinate Brown Bags with campus/IGR/ODEI themes and assist in the planning and execution of Teaching 2030 (with ODEI—Associate Director of Education and Training.) The position will oversee planning the summer workshop for Faculty and Staff in collaboration with to the Associate Director of Education and Training.
- Reviewing assessment materials such as course evaluations forms and final student assignments.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Masters degree required and at least 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Candidates must possess knowledge of best practices in program design and management, leading to desired outcomes.
- Familiarity and experience with dialogue programs in general and the Intergroup Dialogue Program in particular.
- Familiarity and experience with managing an academic course.
- Must be comfortable working in a dynamic, intercultural environment.
- Be self-motivated and results oriented.
- Must take initiative where appropriate.
- Competent in managing intercultural conversations.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to protect confidential information.
- Excellent computer skill, command of Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to learn new computer programs
- The individual must have a deep commitment to the well-being of the Villanova University, a commitment to the University’s Catholic/Augustinian heritage, and the advancement of its mission, and to serving the needs of a diverse community
- PhD is preferred
- Experience supervising professional staff (facilitators) preferred
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
Special Message to Applicants:
Within your cover letter, please detail relevant experiences that prepare you for success within this role.
Closing Date (11:59pm ET):
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience
Salary Band: J
Job Classification: exempt
Minimum Number of References Needed 3
Maximum Number of References Needed 3