Please make sure to read the job posting in its entirety as it reflects both the University roles and responsibilities, followed by the specific description.
3034102 Bus-Faculty And Educ Services
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
Responsible for all aspects of research projects and research facilities. Plans and conducts clinical and non-clinical research; facilitates and monitors daily activities of clinical trials or research projects. Directs engineering and technical support activities to develop and maintain tools and computational methods needed to gather and analyze data.
Career Track and Job Level
Oversees all aspects of management, scientific technological development, and operations for major research projects or research facilities. Ensures compliance of research activities with institutional, state, and federal regulatory policies, procedures, directives and mandates. Writes articles, reports and manuscripts. Presents research findings at meetings and/or conferences.
P3: Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external University issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
The job manages scientific research projects or scientific research facilities. Uses considerable on-the-job experience to ensure compliance of research activities with institutional, state, and federal regulatory policies. Works independently to write articles, reports and manuscripts, and presents research findings at meetings and/or conferences.
1) Uses subject matter and best practices knowledge to perform lab and/or research-related duties and tasks. Works independently to assist with project design., 2) Solves complex problems relating to the administration of projects, including planning new procedures, adapting existing procedures to the needs of the project, and making significant contributions to methodology., 3) Guides data collection, evaluation and analysis. Designs and manages databases. Writes reports, articles and manuscripts., 4) Presents research findings at meetings and conferences, as well as to funding agencies. Conducts literature reviews. Develop and maintain liaisons and effective working relations with groups and individuals, agencies, and the public to encourage cooperative management strategies or to develop information and interpret findings., 5) Performs other related work as needed.
1) Provide a supportive research environment to a highly qualified recent PhD; collaborate with professors Rene Caldentey, Ozan Candogan, and Rad Niazadeh to enable their research under their direction.
2) As a major collaborator on scholarly work, may present that research at academic conferences.
3) Conduct collaborative research with faculty to be presented at academic forums and published in peer-reviewed academic journals.
4) Collect data and conduct statistical analysis.
5) Conduct literature reviews and perform research.
6) Engage in the intellectual environment of the University of Chicago through workshops, presentations, seminars, and collaboration with faculty and other researchers.
7) As necessary, perform administrative duties associated with the management of a research group, lab, or center.
1) Analytical and problem solving skills.
2) Excellent and professional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
3) Organizational skills and attention to detail.
4) Strong problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Education, Experience, and Certifications
Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 5-7 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
1) ABD status by start date.
2) PhD in a field relevant to the research being conducted.
3) PhD after one year of employment.
1) A minimum four years of relevant research experience.
2) Cover letter
3) Complete postsecondary transcripts (unofficial transcripts may be submitted)
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Drug Test Required
Health Screen Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Remove from Posting On or Before