|Duties and Responsibilities
1. Represent the Dean and/or the College of Education (COED) at internal and external professional events and activities (e.g., Marquette Interprofessional Education projects, Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU) meetings, Milwaukee Academy of Science Education Committee, Milwaukee Succeeds meetings, Education Deans of Greater Milwaukee (EDGM) Celebrate Teachers and Teaching Steering Committee).
2. Serve as the College of Education liaison to various internal and external groups (e.g., Associate Deans for Research, University Committee for Use of Institutional Survey Results, WDPI—Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction).
3. Coordinate formal report writing processes (e.g., Provost’s Annual Report, the WDPI Annual Report).
4. Prepare, manage, and maintain SharePoint sites and other technology platforms for program approval and special projects (e.g., WDPI Annual Visit Electronic Resource Room).
5. Assist the College of Education and the University to comply with internal/external policies, practices, and governance expectations (e.g., coordinate filing of mandatory Student Formal Complaint Tracking and OIRA Federal Compliance/HLC accreditation reports and processes, review and posting of annual Title II reports on COED website, WDPI Educator Preparation Program reports and postings for COED website).
6. Serve as point-of-contact for requests for data and survey information and coordinate the completion of these requests in collaboration with Dean and College of Education stakeholders (e.g., US News & World Reports).
7. Oversee and manage new and existing projects and initiatives (e.g., Dean’s student forums, City Year, Youth Frontiers).
8. Manage, oversee, and/or participate in special events with the staff (e.g., chair annual College of Education Mission Recognition event, speaker at annual MU/COED National Alumni Awards’ event, co-planner for annual Welcome Back event).
9. Support work of faculty, staff, and departmental chairs (e.g., curriculum, assessment, and accreditation) where appropriate.
10. Perform and research inquiry work related to new academic programming and extramural funding opportunities as needed.
11. Offer support for long-range planning (e.g., COED Strategic Planning efforts).
12. Assist COED personnel with functions/events (e.g., graduation ceremony) as needed.
13. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
|Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Requires a Master’s Degree in an Educational field.
• Three or more years of experience in higher education.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, multi-tasking abilities, and the ability to deal with diverse constituencies.
• Strong computer competency, to include proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and other electronic, web-based and/or social media applications.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, professional attitude, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to facilitate efforts in assessment, accreditation, and extramural funding desirable.
• Commitment to professionalism required.