The president of ENMU-Ruidoso is the chief executive officer of the branch/community college and reports to the president of the Eastern New Mexico University System. ENMU-Ruidoso has a locally elected five-member college board with statutory responsibility for local oversight of the campus. Located in a vibrant mountain resort community, ENMU-Ruidoso serves the communities of Lincoln County in south-central New Mexico and the neighboring Mescalero Apache Indian Reservation. The president has broad responsibility for the operation of the Ruidoso campus, in consultation and coordination with the main campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in enrollment growth and student success; identify areas of growth and opportunity for current and future students
- Collaborate with ENMU campuses in planning initiatives consistent with the ENMU Ruidoso mission
- Represent the College in an articulate manner that actively engages the ENMU-Ruidoso community in College activities and initiatives
- Actively participate in civic organizations, community and economic development initiatives
- Work with diverse rural and agricultural communities, embrace multicultural perspectives and understand the needs of the Ruidoso community and surrounding counties.
Minimum Job Requirements:
A master's degree from an accredited institution and five years of progressively responsible senior level administrative experience. Earned doctorate from an accredited institution and five years of progressively responsible senior level administrative experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for teaching and learning, demonstrated by successful experience as a faculty member in a post-secondary institution
- Previous professional experience including senior administrative experience, preferably at a community college
- A history of innovative visionary planning leading to achieved goals
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility to manage an annual budget of over $7.3 million
- Proven leadership experience working with business, industry and other educational partners to develop workforce education and academic degree programs to meet area and community needs
- A commitment to student success and strong support for the academic-transfer and career-technical educational mission of the College
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
- Work is sedentary in nature that at times requires exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Start Date: January 8, 2018
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Required Documents: Please ensure that you attach all required documents even if you have applied for other positions at ENMU as the committee does not have access to those records.
- Letter of interest
- Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
- Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
Contact: Eastern New Mexico University-Ruidoso
Online App. Form: http://www.ruidoso.enmu.edu