Closing Date: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Information Technology Instructor
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College, Fort Yates, ND
SALARY: Faculty, Master’s Level (Exempt)
Faculty, PhD’s Level (Exempt)
SUPERVISION: Dean of Academics
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Responsible for providing instruction and supervision of work experience activities of
students enrolled in the bachelor’s degree in Information Technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serve as advisor and mentor for the information technology students enrolled in the
bachelor’s degree in Information Technology. Maintain advisee file for each student.
2. Promote and recruit students for the information technology programs.
3. Participate in student assessment activities.
4. Establish and monitor a work-based/practical learning plan for each student enrolled in
the program. This would include the following: a) set up objectives for the work
experience; b) locate the job site and supervisor; c) relate objectives to the work site
supervisor and student; d) verification of hours completed by student.
5. Update and maintain curriculum in information technology to meet industry standards.
6. Complete program reviews per established five year schedule.
7. Complete yearly program assessment for bachelor’s degree in Information Technology.
8. Update and maintain course syllabi as needed.
9. Maintain inventory of department equipment.
10. Establish and hold program advisory committee meetings.
11. Must communicate effectively with others.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Academics.
13. Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients and visitors.
14. Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
15. Serve on college committees as appointed.
16. Promote and participate in student and community activities. (i.e. clubs, AIHEC, cultural
17. Promote and recruit students for Sitting Bull College
1. PhD's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related area preferred.
Master’s degree required.
2. Minimum of five years of experience in information technology.
3. Teaching experience preferred.
4. Have knowledge and experience working with federal and tribal programs.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol
testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed
and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy
of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered