With the commitment and drive you bring to the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining PDM at Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Join a team of analytical chemists supporting the synthesis and development of drug candidates. Develop and execute analytical and spectroscopic methods to support the characterization of drug substances, synthetic intermediates and drug products. The candidate will interact closely with other chemists working on drug substance and drug product process development and on the implementation of manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for conducting scientific research for the development of drug candidates or the research support of marketed drugs.
- Applies the principles and techniques of Analytical Chemistry to products and problems.
- Works under supervision of more senior scientists or scientific directors to advance the development of state-of-the-art techniques to characterize substances, assays and tools.
- Working under general supervision, plans designs, implements and analyzes laboratory experimentation to advance scientific knowledge of drug substances or techniques to identify such substances.
- Advises Research Associates or members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation, considering economic, regulatory and safety factors.
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Maintains full working knowledge of principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports Company interests.
- Demonstrates emerging ability in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and interpreting experimental outcomes.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- May make contributions to scientific literature and conferences or regulatory filings.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills are required.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- PhD with Post Doc in Chemistry with industry experience.
- BS or MS degree with extensive industry experience.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformément à la Loi « Informatique et Libertés » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les données personnelles renseignées pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des données vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com
For Current Gilead Employees:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.